If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My French Canadian mother would make these for us when we were children. So when I want to go back and visit my childhood, I make a batch of these and just let the memories and the taste melt into my conscience and onto my taste buds. —Gisele Fergus
Makes 16 cupcakes
Heat oven to 375° than combine
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1 8oz packets Chopped sugared dates
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- Combine the above mentioned ingredients into a large measuring cup and let stand until cool.
- In a larger bowl or mixer bowl combine
1 stick butter, 1 cup of sugar and 2 eggs and cream together than add to this mixture
- 1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Blend all together than add the dates and water mixture, (do not drain liquid) into dry ingredients.
- To this you will add while slowly mixing, 3cups any flavor or combination of chocolate chips. (White chocolate is my favorite and I have even added toffee bits) Stir until evenly distributed in batter.
- Use cupcake papers and distribute them into the cupcake pans. They come out much easier this way because the chocolate tends to ooze out the sides. Fill 3/4 full than sprinkle the tops with sugar cinnamon mixture atop each one. This adds a crispy crunch to the cupcakes along with the moist inner filling. Bake for approximately 20 min. Or until the tops spring back.
More Great Recipes: