If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich, gooey, sweet caramel made from dates, encased in a raw chocolate shell. SO indulgent and yet so simple and healthy. —ActiveVegetarian
Makes 12 large
For the Salted Caramel
- 2 tablespoons organic tahini
- 6 organic medjool dates
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon natural vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1 tablespoon water (more if needed)
- Place all ingredients into vitamix (or high speed blender).
- Blend until a thick caramel like texture is formed. Set aside.
For the Raw Chocolate
- 1 cup raw cacao butter
- 1 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste
- In a double broiler, grate 1 cup of cacao butter into the top portion. Place on low heat, allowing it to melt - stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, using coconut oil - lightly cover silicone ice cube tray or use a chocolate mould.
- Once all the cacao butter has melted, remove from heat and slowly whisk in the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Fill your ice cube, or chocolate tray about 1/2 way. Next using a teaspoon, carefully drop the caramel into each section. Pour the remaining chocolate over the caramel to fill the tray.
- Place in fridge and let it harden. Once it is cooled and hard, carefully remove from the tray.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates