If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we lived in England my kids, then 6 and 9, loved sticky toffee pudding until they found out it had dates as one of its main ingredients. They still won't eat it but I’ve not stopped loving it. I developed this recipe for those times in my life as a mother of two teenagers when dessert for one, made in a flash, is just what the therapist ordered. —cheese1227
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate stout
- 3 madjool dates, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Combine butter, stout, chopped dates and molasses in a microwave-safe, 8-ounce ramekin or mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Let stand for 2 minutes to allow dated to soften.
- Stir in dark brown sugar, flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Sprinkle pecans over the top of the batter. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. The pudding will be springy but still gooey on the bottom.
- Eat warm, tempered with vanilla ice cream while enjoying the peace and quiet and perhaps drinking the rest of the beer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates
More Great Recipes: