If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a sucker for a good juice bar but rarely want to spend $10 on a drink I enjoy in fleeting fashion. So, I've been tinkering around at home, trying to replicate my favorite juice bar concoctions.
This one, a hearty blend of banana, almond butter and milk, date syrup, yogurt, cocoa and Maca powders, is both indulgent treat and healthful way (this smoothie is chock full of vitamins, protein, and good fat) to start the day. It's definitely a preferred breakfast of mine, but also makes a wonderful afternoon pick-me-up.
If you're not familiar with Maca powder, it's an enormously nutritional powder hailing from Peru. FULL of vitamins and protein, it adds a lovely malted flavor to this smoothie. —em-i-lis
- 1/2 cup (generous) Greek yogurt (I use 2%)
- 1/2 cup (generous) almond milk
- 1 large banana (or 1½ smaller ones), peeled
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Maca powder
- 2 teaspoons date syrup (I like Date Lady)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- Put everything into a blender and blend on medium-high speed until smooth. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates