Author Notes: easy, delicious, vegan veggie burgers. hearty and just so good —AnnieCate
cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
smallish carrots (about 6 oz worth)
10 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of moisture
cup finely diced purple onion
teaspoons coarse kosher salt
cups frozen Maine blueberries (do not thaw)
cup hemp seeds
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400. Set aside 1 cup of the chickpeas.
- Roast the rest of the chickpeas for about 5-8 minutes. This will dry them out a bit and give the burger more of a hearty bite.
- Raise the heat to 450.
- In a food processor or blender combine the carrots, spinach, chickpeas (both roasted and unroasted), jalapeno, and salt. Blend to a coarse paste.
- Stir in the onion, blueberries, and hemp seeds.
- Form into patties. The patties I made were 3 1/4 inch in diameter and about 1 inch thick. This yielded 8 patties. I've been able to stretch the recipe to 10 patties by making them a bit thinner....but honestly, the nice thick meaty ones are better.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I actually like to form the patties directly on the sheet, so I don't have to move them)
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup (optional), love (not optional) and avocados/