If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: easy, delicious, vegan veggie burgers. hearty and just so good —AnnieCate
cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
smallish carrots (about 6 oz worth)
10 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of moisture
cup finely diced purple onion
teaspoons coarse kosher salt
cups frozen Maine blueberries (do not thaw)
cup hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 400. Set aside 1 cup of the chickpeas.
- Roast the rest of the chickpeas for about 5-8 minutes. This will dry them out a bit and give the burger more of a hearty bite.
- Raise the heat to 450.
- In a food processor or blender combine the carrots, spinach, chickpeas (both roasted and unroasted), jalapeno, and salt. Blend to a coarse paste.
- Stir in the onion, blueberries, and hemp seeds.
- Form into patties. The patties I made were 3 1/4 inch in diameter and about 1 inch thick. This yielded 8 patties. I've been able to stretch the recipe to 10 patties by making them a bit thinner....but honestly, the nice thick meaty ones are better.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I actually like to form the patties directly on the sheet, so I don't have to move them)
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup (optional), love (not optional) and avocados/