If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pan seared lamb chops , serve with dates sauce. The recipe for the dates sauce can be made ahead also great over pancakes or waffles. —Vuochpham
- 20 Dates . Remove seeds Set 4 aside for garnish
- 4 cups Filtered Water
- over high heat, in a small pot combine dates and water, bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Continue to cook for 30 minutes. With a fork break up the dates. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Set aside to cool. With a small size strainer pour dates liquid into strainer over a mixing bowl. Using the back of a dinner spoon press the dates flesh against the strainer. Once in a while scrap the bottom of the strainer to collect dates Sauce. Can be made one day ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: a little over 2 cups .
To seared lamb rib chops
- 9 pieces Lamb rib chops
- 9 pinches Salt Lightly sprinkle
- 9 pinches Black pepper lightly sprinkle
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Rubbed dry sage
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon White wine
- 2 cups Date sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce ( lee Kum kee brand)
- 2 pieces Garlic cloves minced
- 2+ tablespoons Olive oil (more if needed )
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl whisk paprika, sage and garlic powder, set a side. Season lamb chops lightly with salt and black pepper and follow by the dry herb mixture on both sides of lamb. Set aside. In a skillet heat pan with 1 Tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. When pan is hot seared lamb chops about 2-4 minutes per side . (Do not crowd meat, cook in batches. Add more oil as needed, and Cook to desired doneness) Rest cooked lamb on a plate. With the same used skillet over medium heat. Add in olive oil, toss in minced garlic and butter stir until garlic released aroma. Pour in white wine , dates sauce and oyster sauce. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes. Continuously stir liquid for one minute. Reduce heat to low. Stir in fresh lemon juice let liquid thickens another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat Spread dates Sauce on each plate, arrange 3 lamb chops on individual serving on top of sauce. ( spoon extra dates sauce in a small bowl to dip) Garnish with chopped dates.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates
More Great Recipes: