If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a perfectly healthy dessert, using a blend of grain-free flours, along with chopped dates and walnuts. Serve with a cup of hot coffee or tea. —Carrie Forrest
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 1.5-quart glass or aluminum loaf pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside the loaf pan while you make the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and ground cinnamon. Use a whisk to stir together. Then, add the chopped dates and walnuts and use a spatula to stir together. Set the bowl aside
- Place the eggs, vanilla extract, banana, and almond milk in a small high-speed blender and process on high until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the melted coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and place in the oven for one hour, or until the bread turns golden brown. Remove the bread carefully from the dish and place onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers and serve within 5 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates