If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Leftover fruit eh? Perfect to stick into dessert or cakes. Or Orange Scones. I love scones, and scones love meback.
Scones are one of the most delicious baked good in my opinion, as they can be eaten at any time. For lunch, Dinner, supper or even the next morning.
Our American friends call them biscuits. Covering them in a white gravy, another delicious way to use scones.
You will enjoy these ones, as they have a mild orange flavour, but they are delicious. —FatLadFood
- 225 grams Self Raising Flour
- 55 grams Butter
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Orange
- 130 milliliters Milk
- Pre-heat your oven to the hottest setting
- Add the flour & butter to the mixing bowl, along with the baking powder and sugar.
- Using the “Rubbing In” method, rub the ingredients together until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the zest & juice of the orange, and give it a mix.
- Add in the milk, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. You may not use all of the milk.
- Flour a surface, so you can push out the dough.
- Push the scone out with your hands until it is at the right thickness.
- Cut out scones using a pastry or cookie cutter.
- Bake in the oven for 15mins.