If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love bread pudding and when I saw this contest I thought why not date bread pudding. —Sanaa Abourezk
- 8 cups milk
- 1 cup finely diced date
- 8 pieces white sandwich bread
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1 cup pecan
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Toast the pecan, coarsely chopped and mix with the cinnamon, sugar and the corn syrup. Set aside.
- Mix the milk with the date and the orange blossom water. Allow the milk to rest overnight.
- Cut the bread into pieces and add to the milk date mixture. Allow the bread to soak the milk, about 30 minutes, and then with a fork break down the bread into mesh.
- Divid the milk mixture into 8 custard cup. Spoon the pecan mixture evenly on top.
- Place the cup on baking tray and bake in 395 F. degree oven for 35-45 minutes. The bread pudding should be set, not dry and the pecan mixture is golden.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch