If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dates are packed with full of nutrients and has many health benefits.On other hand tamarind with its tangy sour taste when combined with dates which is a natural sweetner along with some hot spices you can make a delicious dip which can be acompained with some chat items like samosa,panipuri,bhelpuri,pakodas or can also be used as a dipping sauce with nachos. —Navneetha
Serves: as per use
cup Tamarind soaked in 1/4 cup water
cup Dates deseeded soaked in 1/2 cup water
teaspoon Red chilli powder
teaspoon Coriander powder
teaspoon cumin powder
Black salt as per taste
teaspoon Ginger powder
- -Soak tamarind in 1/4 cup water and microwave for few seconds.Even soak dates in 1/2 cup of water and microwave for few seconds.
- -Extract juice from tamarind and take in blender.Even transfer microwaved date pieces to blender after cooling them
- -Now add all spices coriander powder,red chilli powder,cumin powder,Ginger powder and black salt.Blend to a smooth paste.
- -Transfer the ground paste to sauce pan and add half cup of water.Bring the mixture to boil for 10 to 15 mins on medium heat until it becomes thick and pulpy.
- -cool and store in air tight container. Make the consistency thin or thick as per your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates
More Great Recipes: