If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has been my favorite pizza to make ever since last summer -- we went to a local bakery/wood-fired pizza and had this magical combination. It's savory, sweet and spicy. Get it really nice and browned on top so the dates will turn into toffee-like goldmines that stick to your teeth. —OhCuriousRose
Serves one pizza
Favorite Pizza Dough
Dates, each sliced into long thin slivers
pounds Sopressata, get a good brand
Cloves of Garlic, diced
Mike's Hot Honey
Parmesan, Basil, Sea Salt and Pepper, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 and oil a baking/pizza sheet.
- Roll out dough, spread marinara on top, add garlic. Scatter a light layer of cheese, lay down the sopressata (some overlap), and strategically place date slices. Top with more cheese, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until well browned and crispy. (I like to brush the edges w olive oil and pop it back in a couple minutes for extra crunch.)
- Shave some more parmesan on top, liberally drizzle the hot honey all over, add torn fresh basil and salt and pepper. Eat immediately. (For an alternative if you don't have Mike's Honey, heat about 1/4 cup honey in small saucepan with 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp chile flakes. Bring to a simmer then turn off and let infuse while pizza bakes)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates
More Great Recipes: