If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Featuring Medjool dates, this recipe brings out the unique sweetness of roasted dates and honey blended into a Mediterranean-style wing sauce. —Lidia Haddadian
Serves 4 to 6
- ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 8 dates)
- ½ cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper; in a large bowl, season wings with salt/spice mix; coat wings with flour, tossing gently.
- Lay coated wings over prepared sheet pan; wrap dates in foil (slightly open) and place next to chicken wings on the side of sheet pan; bake for 20 minutes; remove dates; continue baking chicken wings till cooked through and skin is crispy (about 30 additional minutes).
- In a food processor, purée roasted dates, tomato sauce, olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, honey, and paprika; transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss hot baked wings in date sauce; transfer back to sheet pan and bake for another 15-20 minutes or till wings are sticky and caramelized.
- Drizzle with extra honey. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chives; dig in!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates