Author Notes: Growing up, banana boats were my favorite childhood dessert because they are healthy, delicious, and have always satisfied my sweet tooth. This recipe is one of my favorite ways to make banana boats because the caramelized dates add the perfect amount of sweetness and a little bit of toasty, caramelly crunch to this tasty treat! —Riley Cookië
Makes: 1 banana boat
tablespoons peanut butter
tablespoon coconut flakes
teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Slice into banana lengthwise to create a slit in the center, but do not cut all the way through.
- Spread peanut butter throughout the middle of the banana.
- Remove the pits from the dates. Chop into small pieces and sprinkle on top of the peanut butter.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes until the banana peel is blackened and the dates are caramelized.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then sit down with a spoon and enjoy!