Author Notes: All the goodness of bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese with an additional delicious layer...pie crust! —Riley Cookië
Makes: 10 bites
ounces goat cheese
In This Recipe
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until cooked but not crispy.
- Cut a pre-made pie crust into 10 strips about 1 inch wide.
- Lay the pieces of cooked bacon on top of the pie crust strips.
- Add a smear of goat cheese to the top corner of the pie crust/bacon strip.
- Add 1 pitted Medjool date on top of the goat cheese.
- Starting at the side with the date and goat cheese, roll the strip to create a spiral with the date in the center. It should look like a cinnamon roll.
- Place the finished pieces on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-17 minutes until the pie crust is golden brown and flaky.
- Seriously, chow down!
- For extra goodness, you can dip the pie bites in some type of yummy sauce. I personally like a fresh raspberry compote or fig jam!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates