If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Taking the flavors of a tagine and using them to create a weeknight roasted dinner! —Sarah
- 1 Boneless leg of lamb
- 9 or 3/4 cups Pitted dates (chopped)
- 1 Preserved lemon
- 4 Sweet potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 2 Onions (peeled and quartered)
- splashes Olive oil
La Kama spice mix - the spice mix is tweaked from the la Kama spice mix in Paula wolfert's book The Food Of Morocco
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinches Nutmeg
- pinches Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix all ingredients for spice mix together and set aside
- Open leg of Lamb and coat with 1 1/2 to 2 generous tablespoon of the spice mix.
- Place most of the chopped dates on the leg of Lamb along with the chopped rind of the preserved lemon. Roll and tie shut.
- Place the Lamb, sweet potatos, and onions in a greased roasting pan
- Take 1 teaspoon of the spice mix, about two tablespoons of the juice from the preserved lemon, and a splash of olive oil along with 2 tablespoons of the chopped dates. Mix together and pour over the Lamb and vegetables.
- Roast in a 400 oven until meat thermometer reads 135 to 140.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates