If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dates and brown sugar pair with a delectable cake to form a warming and delicious dessert. —Tricia ptak
- 1.5 cups Packed brown sugar divided
- 1 cup Coffee
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup AP flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- .25 teaspoons Salt
- .50 cups Milk
- 1 cup Choped dates
- .50 cups Pecans
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- .50 cups Creme fraiche
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup brown sugar and coffee to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add butter and vanilla when slightly cool. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining brown sugar. Stir in milk until smooth. add dates and pecans to create the cake batter.
- Pour the brown sugar syrup an 8-in. Oblong baking dish. Spread batter over syrup. Bake at 350° for 35- 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake topping comes out clean.
- Scoop cake onto a plate and spoon syrup over, serve with dollop of creme fraiche.
More Great Recipes: