Original six ingredient (excluding pantry items) sweet-savory baked swordfish entree in a Sicilian style.
- Serves 4
swordfish steaks, 4 portions
dates, whole pitted
almonds, blanched, slivered
parsley, flat leaf, chopped
extra virgin olive oil, divided
black pepper, ground
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season swordfish with salt and pepper. set aside
- Slice dates and olives lengthwise. place in a bowl. Add almonds and capers..to dates and olives
- Toss dates, olives, almonds, and capers with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oli. Set aside.
- Coat 4 small oven proof baking dishes with a teaspoon extra virgin olive oil Place1 1 seasoned swordfish steak in each dish. Evenly distribute the date, olive, almond, caper mixture over the top of each swordfish steak.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- When removed from over drizzle remaining extrra virgin olive oil over each dish,
- Sprinle with chopped parleyu and serve.