If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These No-Knead Artisan Rolls are the smaller version of the bread that you can use for burgers, crostini or avocado toast! —Paige
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and yeast. Stir in water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy dough. But, don't over-work the dough, you want it to be just combined.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours to rise. I like to store mine in an "off" oven.
- After the dough has risen and has little air pockets, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your Dutch oven into the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Do not skip this step.
- While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Divide into 6 equal-sized pieces and gently form into round balls. Cover dough loosely and let rest.
- After the 30 minutes are up, CAREFULLY remove Dutch oven. With floured hands, place in dough balls.
- Replace cover and bake for 30 minutes covered. Carefully remove the cover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, uncovered. I find that mine take about 12 minutes, but just keep an eye on them.
- Allow them to cool slightly and transfer to a cooling rack. Slice in half horizontally to use as a burger or sandwich roll or cut in vertical diagonal slices for crostini. The possibilities are endless!
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins