If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On some chilly evenings, all you crave is a cup of steaming hot chocolate to warm the soul. I like mine to be decadent, rich and completely satisfying. There are many ways you can spruce it up – try a pinch of cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cardamom or cinnamon or, if it's your thing, a dash of mint or orange extract. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
Hot chocolate mix
- 40 grams good quality cocoa powder
- 80 grams brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup your choice of milk (try regular, coconut, almond or oat milk)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
- 20 grams 70 per cent cocoa chocolate, roughly chopped
- To make your hot chocolate mix, combine the cocoa, sugar and salt in a jar.
- To make your hot chocolate, heat the milk, cream and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat until steamy and bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Be careful not to overheat it.
- Add your hot chocolate mix to the milk and whisk over the heat for another minute, until it begins to simmer and the ingredients are combined.
- Place the chopped dark chocolate in the bottom of your favourite mug. Pour the hot chocolate over the dark chocolate and stir – a few marshmallows is always a welcome touch.