If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My banana shakes are light, refreshing and use caramelised bananas, which intensifies their flavour. Other roasted fruits such as plums or nectarines would also be delicious and you can use any kind of milk. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Freshly grated cinnamon quill for serving (optional)
- Peel bananas and cut into large chunks. Place in a non-stick frying pan with the coconut oil (or butter) and maple syrup and fry until caramelised and soft. Cool completely.
- In a blender place bananas, ice cubes, coconut milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Blend on high until shake is smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and top with a dollop of whipped cream and freshly grated cinnamon quill, if using. Serve immediately.