Author Notes: As you will no doubt notice, I have been going through a Greek phase in my cooking life, culminating with this weeks recipe, my Quick Souvlaki.
This is my favourite Greek food out of them all, and it is one of the most delicious tastes you can imagine.\
This is Quick Souvlaki though, and is built for those of us in a hurry, but it still tastes amazing! —FatLadFood
cups Self Rasining Flour
cup Tepid Milk
cup Tepid Water
tablespoon Olive Oil
- For the Flatbreads
- Put the flour, yeast, salt & sugar into a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Add in the wet ingredients, and mix into a large dough ball.
- Knead for 10mins.
- Leave the dough in a well oiled bowl, for 2-3hours, until it has had time to prove.
- When the proving period is over, knock back with your hands and roll out into a large sausage.
- Cut into eight pieces, and using a rolling pin, flatten them into rounded flat-bread shapes.
- Put a frying pan onto a high heat, and then place in one of the flat-breads.
- Cook on each side for 3mins, then turn over again for another 3mins.
- Repeat until all of the flat-breads are cooked.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400f, place a grill pan onto a high heat for 20mins
- Take the fillet of the chicken and put all of it into a bowl.
- Cover in the oil, oregano, salt & pepper. Allow to marinade for 30mins.
- Cook the chicken on the grill pan for 5mins on each side.
- Put into the oven for a further 15mins, or until it is cooked.
- When cooked, cut into slices and serve with the flat-breads, and a side salad.