If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The rich berry flavors of Zinfandel are perfect for lamb! Look for some good value brands - like Laurel Glen "Reds", or Rosenblum California appellation. Argentine Malbec, or Spanish Tempranillo would also work well. Serve the same wine with the lamb too! —Kriti
Serves: 10 to 12 people
cups Red Zinfandel
cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
cup fresh rosemary, chopped
cup fresh thyme, coarsely chopped
tablespoons dried Greek Oregano
zest of one lemon
teaspoon crushed red pepper
cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, preferably Greek
- In a 10" saucepan, bring the wine to a boil and reduce for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool before proceeding with recipe.
- Combine reduced wine with remaining ingredients in a plastic bag appropriate for your meat.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- One hour prior to grilling, remove from refrigerator.
- Right before placing on grill, remove meat from marinade, pat dry, and season well with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill to 130 degrees for medium rare, 140 for medium. LET IT REST at least 15 minutes before even thinking of slicing.