If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Slow Cooker Copycat Olive Garden zuppa recipe. Favorite recipe with superfood kale. —Jessica McCoy
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 pieces Medium (or 2 large) russet potatoes, sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock (I use homemade stock, you could also use broth)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown bacon and sausage over medium high heat. While cooking, break up into small pieces. Add onion and garlic once meat is mostly cooked, and allow flavors to blend.
- Add meat mixture to crockpot once cooked.
- Add potatoes, chicken stock and water to slow cooker.
- Let cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Add chopped kale, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Let cook an additional 1-2 hours and then turn down to warm to serve.