If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this easy vegan bbq sandwich makes a wonderful dinner. —AnnieCate
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 lb each)
- 1 1/2 cups vegan bbq sauce or 1 1/4 cups bbq sauce plus 1/4 cup sriracha
- 4 slices toast
- 2 cups slaw salad mix
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Slice up the sweet potatoes about 1/6-1/8 inch thick.
- If you're using a sriracha-bbq mix, combine it at this time.
- Lay the potatoes out on two parchment-lined cookie sheets, Slather the bbq sauce on one side, then flip over the slices and slather the other side. Sprinkle a little salt on top
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes.
- While the slices are roasting, combine slaw, mayo, vinegar, mustard powder, celery seed, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- To serve,pile up the sweet potato slices on toast and then top them off with the slaw. Top with the second piece of toast. Serve right away.