If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mouth watering, stick to your bones and soul nurturing Oxtail stew to get you over the tough times and bring your mojo back. —Sila
- 4 pounds Oxtail
- 4 pounds chicken legs
- 2 Chopped Garlic cloves
- 2 cups Tomato paste
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curry
- 1 teaspoon Fresh grounded coriander
- 1 teaspoon Fresh grounded cumin
- 1 bunch Celery
- 1 habenara pepper (optional)
- 1 maggi/1 tablespoon bouillon
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 pound Chopped Potatoes
- 1 bunch Carrots chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil oxtail, chicken legs with chopped onions, carrots, green peppers, celery, thyme in a medium pot until tender for about an hour. Save the stock for later. Skim out the oil from the top
- Add a half a cup oil to the pot/pan and fry the oxtail until they turn brown
- Add garlic and continue frying for about 3 minutes until they turn slightly brown
- Add tomato paste, curry, coriander, cumin and bouillon
- Add salt and pepper according to preference and 2 cups of stock. Boil it for about 30 minutes. Adjust soup consistency with stock depending how thick you want it to be.
- Finally add cilantro and serve with creamy mashed potatoes.