If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After seeing that Tish Boyle had made Coconut Panna Cotta, it sounded too good not to whip some up myself. I had coconut milk, passion fruit, sugar and gelatin and was ready to rock. At the last moment, I thought, “what if I infused some tea into this?” And Pandemonium was born.
My friend Chris Peralta, awesome guy & founder/guitarist of punk band Dead Panic is always nice enough to let me force food on him and give honest feedback. You can thank him for the name, which he used in his excited description of how much he liked it!
cup coconut milk
cup brown sugar
teaspoons Vanilla Coconut tea
Passion Fruit Puree
- Pour milks and sugar into a pan and simmer until heated through.
- Add tea and let steep to the desired taste.
- Rinse gelatin until it softens. I didn’t soak it. Since I am not using very much, I wanted to make sure I got the most of it. Stir in to mixture if still warm, or reheat lightly if you need to.
- Set up about 4 to 5 small glasses. This looks really pretty with the passion fruit swirling through! Put about 2 tsp of puree per glass in the bottom. Each glass can hold about ½ c. let stand until cool, then put into fridge to set.
- This is fantastic served with green figs, which are gorgeous and flavorful, complimenting this rather than overpowering it.