If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The combination of coriander, fenugreek and saffron is very traditional for Georgian (country, not the state) cuisine. Worked very well for this easy and healthy fish stew. —Well Shoed Dutchess
- 1.5 pounds Cod filet
- 14.5 ounces Canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground fenugreek
- 4 Cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Good olive oil
- Salt, black pepper, chile pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and saute garlic for 1 min. Add tomatoes and 1/3 of the spices. Season with salt and peppers. Saute for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Arrange fish pieces on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with spices, season with salt and peppers. Place cilantro on top. Cover tightly with the lid and saute on medium-low for 15 min, or until fish is cooked through. Don't over cook!