Author Notes: Dark chocolate coconut butter cups! Also known as, cups of joy. The most delightful dark chocolate treats filled with creamy coconut butter and sprinkled with hemp seeds. A simple, decadent recipe that will brighten your week, from the inside out. —Karlie Kashat
cup dark chocolate
teaspoon coconut oil
cup coconut butter
teaspoons maple syrup
cup hemp seeds, for topping
- Prepare 12 muffin tins with silicone or parchment liners.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat until smooth.
- Drop a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each cup and move tin so it covers bottom.
- Place in freezer at least 5 minutes.
- Melt coconut butter in microwave 30 s, stir in maple syrup.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and drop some coconut butter in the center of each chocolate.
- Re-heat the remaining chocolate if necessary, and pour chocolate to cover the coconut butter.
- Move the tins around once more to ensure chocolate is covering all of the coconut butter.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- Place in freezer at least 10 more minutes.