If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moist, comforting cake using the most of seasonal apples. —Katie Angharad Lewis
tablespoon lemon juice
grams soft light brown sugar
grams self-raising flour
teaspoon mixed spice
teaspoon baking powder
- Grease and line a round 20cm baking tin with baking parchment
- Peel the apples and dice 2 of them, thinly slice the other 2 apples
- Place the sliced apples into a small bowl and mix with the lemon juice
- Place all of the cake ingredients except for the milk into bowl and combine
- Add the milk to the mixture until it reaches a good dropping consistency (you can add a little more if needed)
- Stir the diced apples through the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and level the surface
- Carefully arrange the sliced apples on top of the bake
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar evenly over the top of the cake
- Bake at 180°C for 1 hour
- Leave the cake to cool in its tin for 10 minutes before removing & allowing to cool fully on a cooling rack