teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon ground black peppercorn
cup basil roughly chopped
fryer chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on, split chicken breast)
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder and ground black peppercorn
- Season the rib side of the chicken breasts and stuff the split with basil and a slice of lemon
- Place 2 slices of lemon and a generous amount of basil on the parchment paper underneath each chicken breast. (Place the rib side down on the parchment paper over the lemon and basil.)
- Squeeze lemon juice over both chicken breasts
- Season the top of the chicken breasts and top each chicken breast with basil and 2 slices of lemon.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over both chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken breasts in oven for 45 minutes (make sure juices run clear and chicken is cooked through)
- Turn oven broiler on high and broil chicken until the skin crisps.
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Pair Lemon Basil Sheet Pan Chicken with a side for dinner and pack one for lunch!