If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spaghetti & Clams - simplicity at it's finest! —mtlabor
- 2 pounds clams
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 pound linguini or thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- small handful cilantro, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions for al dente.
- In a dutch oven or large pot, combine thyme, white wine, garlic, green peppers, and clams over medium high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and let cook, covered, for about 3-4 minutes, or until clams open up.
- Remove clams and set aside. Simmer broth mixture for about 5 more minutes. Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain pasta and add in clams. Toss well and serve onto warm plates. Pour desired amount of broth over noodles and garnish with cilantro, if desired.