If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Besan Halwa is a quick sweet dish for the ones who do not want to spend a lot of time making a sweet dish for an occasion. —Puja Darshan
cup Gram Flour
cups Boiled Milk
- Heat a pan, add ghee in it.
- Once the ghee melts, lower the flame and add besan, mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously so that the besan is evenly roasted.
- Mix and stir well for 14 to 15 minutes on low heat or until you get the nice aroma of besan.
- Soon the besan will start releasing ghee.
- Now keep the flame low and first pour 1 cup of milk into the roasted besan.
- Keep on stirring simultaneously while pouring the milk. Mix well. Now pour the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Continue to mix and stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to it.
- Stir well so that no lumps are formed, keep on stirring for 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Soon the mixture will start thickening.(keep on stirring the mixture continuously so that you can get smooth halwa without lumps)
- Add dryfruits and keep on stirring. Now you will see the halwa leaving ghee and will also start leaving the edges of the pan.
- Switch off the flame. The halwa will be thick once it gets cool down.
- Garnish with some more chopped nuts and raisins and serve besan ka halwa hot, warm or chilled.
- You can store besan ka halwa in the fridge for about a week.