Author Notes: Besan Halwa is a quick sweet dish for the ones who do not want to spend a lot of time making a sweet dish for an occasion. —Puja Darshan
cup Gram Flour
cups Boiled Milk
In This Recipe
- Heat a pan, add ghee in it.
- Once the ghee melts, lower the flame and add besan, mix well.
- Keep stirring continuously so that the besan is evenly roasted.
- Mix and stir well for 14 to 15 minutes on low heat or until you get the nice aroma of besan.
- Soon the besan will start releasing ghee.
- Now keep the flame low and first pour 1 cup of milk into the roasted besan.
- Keep on stirring simultaneously while pouring the milk. Mix well. Now pour the remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Continue to mix and stir the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to it.
- Stir well so that no lumps are formed, keep on stirring for 5-6 minutes on a low flame.
- Soon the mixture will start thickening.(keep on stirring the mixture continuously so that you can get smooth halwa without lumps)
- Add dryfruits and keep on stirring. Now you will see the halwa leaving ghee and will also start leaving the edges of the pan.
- Switch off the flame. The halwa will be thick once it gets cool down.
- Garnish with some more chopped nuts and raisins and serve besan ka halwa hot, warm or chilled.
- You can store besan ka halwa in the fridge for about a week.