If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The easiest gluten free chapatti recipe. I'm a firm believer in making life easier and creating recipes that are easy to replicate. I respect the dedication that some of the gluten free community who end up buying a load of different flours and making their own gluten free flour. I'm all for making things from scratch but cheating now and again is allowed —Priti Patel
Makes 4 chapattis
- 100 grams Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Phsyillum husk
- 25 grams butter
- pinches Salt
- warm water
- Add the physillum husk into the flour.
- Make a well in the centre and add the butter
- Add some hot water into the well and let the butter melt, alternatively you can rub the butter into the flour and then add the water to make a soft dough. Try not to make it too sticky.
- Coat the dough with a little bit of oil/butter just to make it a bit more manageable and leave to rest for 15-30 minutes
- Divide the dough into four balls, the dough doesn't stretch like regular chapattis so make them quite large. Turn the grill onto max.
- Roll a dough ball out into a circle, there is no need for clingfilm just go gently and try to make sure everything is even, no thin bit and no fat bits
- Heat a frying pan so that the base is warm or use a chapatti tawa. Keep the heat on a medium setting. Cook for about 30 seconds on the first side you put down. Turn it over and cook for a minute on the second side, brown dots should start to form on the second side
- Place the first side that you cooked to face the heat under the grill. Watch and wait while it forms into a balloon. Turn over, cook on the other side and voila! your first gluten free chapatti. I like to add butter onto the first side.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins