If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and aromatic banana bread with smooth peanut butter buttercream frosting —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one loaf
- Banana Bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, banana and oil until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- To prepare buttercream, beat peanut butter and butter for a few minutes in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add powdered sugar and turn the mixer on low, beat until the sugar incorporates with the butter and becomes light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the buttercream on top of the cake.