If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and aromatic banana bread with smooth peanut butter buttercream frosting —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: one loaf
cups granulated sugar
large very ripe bananas, mashed
cup vegetable oil
cups all purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon baking powder
Peanut Butter Buttercream
cup smooth peanut butter
cup unsalted butter, softened
cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, banana and oil until smooth.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- To prepare buttercream, beat peanut butter and butter for a few minutes in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Add powdered sugar and turn the mixer on low, beat until the sugar incorporates with the butter and becomes light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the buttercream on top of the cake.