If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I mean, who doesn’t love baked beans, bar my ladies brother? Well, for those that don’t I wanted to take them up a notch, with my homemade baked beans!
Now, I am not saying these are any better than Heinz or other purveyors of baked beans (I prefer the Tescos ones to be honest), but you do have the ability to pimp them out.
As I carry a multitude of different beans in my cupboards, so the usual Haricot bean can be immediately changed. Then you are going to make a tomato sauce. Hmm, spices can be changed, herbs can be changed.
I suppose what I mean to say is, beans can be made your own very easily, you just gotta do it.
Anyway, at the very least, who doesn’t love a good fart joke? —FatLadFood
- 2 tins of Beans, your choice
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 rashers of Bacon
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 slices of Bread
- 100 grams Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Put the tomatoes, oregano & balsamic vinegar into a bowl & mix well.
- Blitz down to a smooth sauce with a liquidiser.
- Chop up the bacon, and add to a pan on a medium heat, and fry for 5mins.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely, and add to the pan, frying for a further 5mins.
- Add in the tomato sauce, and each tin of beans one at a time.
- Bring the mix back to the boil, and then decant into a large baking dish.
- Cook in the oven for 45mins, or until the beans become thick.
- Serve on some bread, with cheese melted over the top, Just like when you were a child!