If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When your sweet tooth screams for chocolate, this recipe of Coffee Ganache with Nutella Mousse is just perfect, rich and moist. Layers of crunchy peanut crust, dark chocolate ganache and topped with Nutella mousse, irresistibly chocolaty! —Cuisine Josephine
Serves 6 portions
- 4 ounces Peanuts, roasted and salted
- 4 ounces Sugar
- 1 ounce Butter
- 7 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Double Cream
- 1/2 ounce Glucose Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Espresso
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 1/4 cup cups Double Cream
- Start with the peanut crust. Chop peanuts coarsely. Melt the sugar to a golden caramel in a saucepan, and add quickly the chopped peanuts. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and let it cool completely.
- Mix half of it in a blender into a 'flour', and chop the rest coarsely.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and mix with both peanut flour and coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Place a tart ring (18/20 cm in diameter) on a cutting board with baking paper and spread the crust in the tart ring. Press it together.
- Place it in the refrigerator while you make ganachen.
- Bring cream and corn syrup to boil in a saucepan and pour over the chopped dark chocolate while you stir in the center of the bowl with a spatula.
- Continue to stir until the mixture collects and becomes beautiful and glossy.
- Place the ganache on the peanut crust and put the cake in the refrigerator overnight.
- Continue with the Nutella mousse. Heat 0.5 dl cream in a saucepan, mix the Nutella with the hot cream until smooth.
- Whip the remaining cream and fold into the Nutella cream. Place the mousse in a piping bag and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the cake into pieces and pipe Nutella mousse on top. Garnish with fresh berries.