If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Deliciousness designed to be paired with a glass of cold Sauvignon Blanc or a Sour Ale aged in SB oak barrels. —Milena
- 1/2 pound linguine
- 1/2 pound sea scallops (U/15)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (16-20)
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter (half a stick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more to drizzle over cooked linguine
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 lemon - zest of
- 1 lemon -juice of
- 3 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes (orange or yellow)
- 1 sprig Italian flat leaf parsley for garnish
- 1 pinch salt plus more for the linguine water
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Bring salted water to a boil and add the linguine. Cook for 7-8 minutes for al dente then drain and immediately drizzle with olive oil.
- Using a paper towel dry the shrimp and scallops and season them with the salt, pepper and lemon zest. Set them aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Sear the shrimp and scallops for 1-2 minutes per side and remove the from the pan.
- Next, saute the onion and garlic for about 1 minute and then deglaze the pan with the seafood stock.
- Wait until the stock is reduced by half and add the cream. Bring to simmer.
- Turn the heat down and add the remaining butter. Add the cooked linguine and completely coat with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and add the seafood, the halved tomatoes, chopped parsley and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and the Parmesan and serve.