Author Notes: Kids and adults alike will adore these easy Mini Lasagna Cups with Ravioli. Plus, they’re freezer-friendly and totally customizable! —Paige
tablespoon olive oil
italian sausage links, casing removed
cup marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
large packaged cheese ravioli
cups shredded mozzarella cheese
chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes, breaking up the sausage as you go. Drain off excess fat and add marinara sauce to the sausage. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Blanche the ravioli for 1-2 minutes, just until they are slightly more pliable. They will continue to cook in the oven. Drain the ravioli and dab off any excess moisture.
- Place one large ravioli into each of the 12 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure that it fills the whole bottom. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon marinara mixture and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese; repeat with one more layer, ending with mozzarella on top.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the ravioli are golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chopped parsley, if desired.
More Great Recipes: