If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once I tried this recipe and since then I make it often. My kids love it! —mustardchief
- 4 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 8 mushooms
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 cup pesto
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 cup peas
- 12 ounces asparagus
- Steam the carrots, mushrooms, yellow squash, and zucchini for 5-8 minutes.
- If making zoodles, add them to a colander and add salt, let them stand in the sink for at least 10 minutes to draw out some of the water. When ready, dry them with paper towels.
- While the vegetables are steaming, heat some cooking fat, coconut milk (start with a 1⁄2 cup), salt and pepper over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Turn down the heat to medium and add in the pesto and lemon juice, stir until well incorporated. Taste, and add seasoning as you like.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and add the zoodles and gently mix with tongs, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add the remaining vegetables and gently mix. Let the vegetables simmer in the sauce for a few minutes, just make sure they don’t overcook.
- Serve while it’s warm.
- If you like this recipe, feel free to check out the others at http://paleo.mustardchief.com