Author Notes: This is one of my favourite desserts ever.
Once you get a mouthful of crispy, golden, buttery brioche, a little morsel of caramelised banana, a creamy yet bitter dab of chocolate, and a crunchy hazelnut... oh boy.
Best served warm with extra cream. Enough said. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
grams butter for greasing the dish
grams brioche, cut into 3cm cubes
grams dark chocolate, buttons or chopped finely (you could use milk chocolate if you prefer)
ripe bananas, sliced
milliliters heavy cream
milliliters whole milk
teaspoon vanilla extract
organic eggs, whisked with a fork
pinch seas salt
grams hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C fan bake. Grease a baking dish well with butter. Toss brioche with the chocolate and bananas, and then arrange evenly in the baking dish
- In a large bowl combine the honey, cream, milk, vanilla, eggs, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour this over the brioche cubes. Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown and the centre is cooked through but still moist. Serve warm with cream.
- Cover the pudding well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one week.
More Great Recipes: