If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favourite desserts ever.
Once you get a mouthful of crispy, golden, buttery brioche, a little morsel of caramelised banana, a creamy yet bitter dab of chocolate, and a crunchy hazelnut... oh boy.
Best served warm with extra cream. Enough said. —Jordan Rondel, The Caker
- 20 grams butter for greasing the dish
- 200 grams brioche, cut into 3cm cubes
- 100 grams dark chocolate, buttons or chopped finely (you could use milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 50 milliliters honey
- 150 milliliters heavy cream
- 300 milliliters whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 organic eggs, whisked with a fork
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch seas salt
- 70 grams hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C fan bake. Grease a baking dish well with butter. Toss brioche with the chocolate and bananas, and then arrange evenly in the baking dish
- In a large bowl combine the honey, cream, milk, vanilla, eggs, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour this over the brioche cubes. Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown and the centre is cooked through but still moist. Serve warm with cream.
- Cover the pudding well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one week.