Author Notes: Flourless Avocado Walnut Brownies that taste delicious and are healthy, gluten-free, low-carb and loaded with antioxidants. —honeywhatscooking
tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
cup 60% Dark Chocolate Chips
cup Pure Maple Syrup
teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
cup Unsweetened Cacao/Cocoa Powder
cup Coconut Flour
cup Chopped Walnuts
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8"x8" baking pan with coconut oil spray. Line with foil and spray the foil with coconut oil spray as well.
- In a double boiler on low-medium heat, add coconut oil and dark chocolate chips. Once melted, turn off the stove. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, add the avocado, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until well-combined.
- Now add the cacao powder, coconut flour, salt and the cooled dark chocolate. Blend.
- At this time you can add the walnuts and pulse a few times in the food processor, OR you can chop up the walnuts and fold it into the batter. I personally prefer folding the walnuts into the batter so the walnuts are more obvious in every bite and not chopped up into tiny pieces.
- Batter is ready.
- Pour brownie batter into the lined foiled pan.
- Spread evenly.
- Into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 16 squares ( I did 12, but 16 is the right amount ). Enjoy!