If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Let your inner child rejoice! The hunt for the most fun Easter treat ends here. These Toasted Coconut Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes with a secret compartment filled with jelly bean treasures are as fun to eat as they are to make. Plus they are totally organic, so they aren’t filled with artificial colors or flavors or anything weird. Just sweet goodness and a fun surprise. They are super easy to make and are sure to cause mass delight, joy and happiness.
Recipe originally by Miss Jones Baking Co. here: https://www.missjones.co... —Lauren Chouinard
Makes: 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
cup coconut milk
packet Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
For the topping:
Miss Jones Organic Vanilla Frosting
Toasted shredded coconut
Organic jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Melt ½ cup of unrefined coconut oil in a small bowl. Whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil and coconut milk. Add cake mix and whisk until thoroughly combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With a ¼ cup scoop, spoon batter into prepared cupcake liners and bake until just set, about 16-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in cupcake pan for about 5-10 minutes, then transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, use a small round cookie cutter or the back of a large frosting tip to remove cupcake centers and fill with organic jelly belly candies.
- Spread or pipe frosting over cupcakes and sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut. Top with additional jelly bellies.