If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We try to avoid carbs so I came up with a spicy cheesy chicken breast served on lettuce with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. —Beaulaker
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- 3 ounces grated sharp cheddar
- pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil ( I use peanut)
- salad greens
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, cumin and ancho.
- Saute in oil on one side for about 10 minutes, not too hot- you don't want the spices to burn. Flip the chicken over and sprinkle with jalapeño slices (if using). Divide the cheese onto each breast then cover the pan to finish cooking the breasts and melt the cheese.
- Prepare a dinner plate with the salad greens, place the chicken breast on the salad and serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.