If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great recipe the whole family will love! —tastytots17
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup minced carrot
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups crushed Italian plum tomatoes
- pinch of nutmeg
- fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy pot on medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, 1-tsp salt, 1/2-tsp pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the pancetta and sauté until the fat is rendered, 2-3 minutes
- Add the ground beef, nutmeg and using a wooden spoon break up the meat and continue to cook until the meat is browned
- Add the milk and bring this to a slow boil and continue to cook until the milk is pretty much gone
- Add the wine, bring to a slow boil, stir and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Bring this to a boil then reduce the heat to a very very slow and low simmer so slow you can hardly see the sauce bubbling cook uncovered for 3-4 hours
- Stir and taste for salt along the way and adjust
- If need be add a little water along the way but only if the sauce begins to dry out. That will only happen if the heat was too high. So remember very very low heat.