If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shallow-fried green chile peppers, smothered in salt post-frying, give a hot kick to a Gujarati meal. But salt tempers the heat. —Annada Rathi
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 green chile peppers, preferably long green chiles with thin skin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in a skillet. Use a knife to cut a slit along the length of the pepper.
- Shallow-fry the peppers till their skin becomes pale.
- Remove the peppers to a paper napkin to wick the excess oil.
- Pour salt on a flat plate and roll the peppers in salt. Dust to remove the excess.
- Serve with any Indian meal or a thali.