If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beautiful and delicious dessert that fits after every meal —the cooking foodie
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 110 grams butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 tablespoons ice water
- 400 grams fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- in a bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt and butter
- Incorporate the butter with flour, do it by pressing the butter with a fork until crumbs formed
- Gradually add 4 tbsp of iced water and stir, add another 1-2 tbsp if nedded. when the water is incorporated start to knead and form disc. Warp the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 min.
- slice the strawberries into 2-3. Transfer them to a large bawl. Add sugar, corn starch, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix well
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- on a floured baking parchment roll out the dough to 12-14in/30-35cm
- Arrange strawberries in circles starting in the center of dough, leave a 1.5-2in/3.8-5cm border, Fold edges, overlapping slightly. Brush dough with beaten egg
- Bake until crust is golden brown and strawberry filling is bubbling. About 35-45 minutes.
- *you can see full video recipe on my youtube channel: the cooking foodie. link in my profile