Author Notes: This indulgent brownie recipe sneaks in some healthy fats from avocado instead of butter (and it's gluten free)! You'd never guess these fudge-like brownies were made without any butter, so get ready to amaze your guests (and your waistline). —Judith Rontal
Makes: 16 small brownies
ounces dark chocolate, chopped
teaspoon instant coffee
cup cocoa powder
cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 ounces of the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- In a food processor, blend the avocados, sugar, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Scrape down the sides a few times while processing.
- Pour in the melted chocolate into the avocado mixture and puree until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and process until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour and salt. Pulse until just combined.
- Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate and pour mixture until pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set. Cool and enjoy (store leftovers in the refrigerator)!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique