If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This indulgent brownie recipe sneaks in some healthy fats from avocado instead of butter (and it's gluten free)! You'd never guess these fudge-like brownies were made without any butter, so get ready to amaze your guests (and your waistline). —Judith Rontal
Makes 16 small brownies
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 2 ounces of the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- In a food processor, blend the avocados, sugar, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Scrape down the sides a few times while processing.
- Pour in the melted chocolate into the avocado mixture and puree until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, and process until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour and salt. Pulse until just combined.
- Fold in the remaining chopped chocolate and pour mixture until pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until set. Cool and enjoy (store leftovers in the refrigerator)!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique