Author Notes: A simple fudge recipe that can turn it into all sort of flavors. A perfect gift ideas especially around the holiday seasons. In this recipe, you will find techniques on how to make 4 different unique fudge flavors: Emergency Caffeine, I Can't Believed It's Not Reese's Peanut Buttercup, Peppermint Bark, and Just Like Caramel. Are you ready for the amazing fudging journey? Be creative with your fudge flavors. Don't forget to leave me a comment on what is your favorite fudge flavor/flavors is/are. My is the Peppermint Bark! —RecipeRemix
Makes: 16 large fudge cubes/flavor
The Bare Bones (Please increase accordingly, this only for one fudge flavor. For all fudge flavors, completed amount of ingredient is listed in the () followed by Total = )
ounces condensed milk (1 can = 14 oz, Total = 5 cans)
tablespoons butter (Total =15 tbsp.)
pinch salt (Total = 5 pinches)
teaspoon vanilla (optional, Total = 5 tsp.)
The Enhancers (Ingredients to make all the four flavors)
cups 85% dark chocolate chips (2 cups = to 1-12oz bag, Total = 6 cups)
packets Instant espresso w/o creamer
cups Mini peanut butter cup chips + extra for decor
cups White chocolate chips (2 cups = to 1-12oz bag)
cup Candy canes, crushed
cups Butterscotch chips (2 cups = to 1-12oz bag)
- This recipe requires a double boiler. If you have one, please skip to step 2. If not here is a little diy tip. If you don’t have a double boiler, create one using a pot and a stainless steel bowl. Choose a pot that is bigger than the bowl. Fill the water up to half the pot, or until it only touches the bottom of the bowl. Make sure to test out the water level beforehand to avoid water from over boiling and spilling out on you as you melt the chocolate.
- Set your stove to medium-high heat and bring the water to a vicious boil. Once it boil, reduce the heat to low (about 3 on a scale of 1–6 of a gas stove). This will prevent the water from spilling out on the side and overcooking your chocolate. Tip: Overheating chocolate will result in thick and lumpy fudge texture, which we DO NOT WANT! Lower the heat as you prepare to melt your chips will give you more control and produce a silky, smooth, and creamy fudge result.
- This is the recipe to make Emergency Caffeine Fudge. Keep on reading for the other flavors. Add in the butter, salt, and vanilla into the mixing bowl that you have heated up on top of your boiling water in a pot. Wait until all the butter is fully melted.
- Once the butter completely melted, add the condensed milk and espresso powders. Give it a whisk and add in the chocolate chips. Make sure that your butter is fully melted prior to adding the chips in. Adding chips beforehand will result in a clumpy fudge. Tip: For a fancier fudge, feel free to use any fancy chocolate bar for the espresso fudge flavor. Make sure to chop up your chocolate bar into tiny chunks. This will prevent overheating chocolate and reduces the time to melt the chocolate.
- Wait until the chocolate is a little soften and then stir the batch constantly until all chips are melted. This will help melt all the chips evenly. Remove the mixing bowl with the melted chocolate in it from the pot. Set it aside. Use a spatula, fold in the chocolate until it is super smooth and shiny. You are doing this to help remove any water in the sugar and make it more thick. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
- Once it melted chocolate reaches a thick consistency and has a nice shine, pour it into a greased pan or mold you have prepped and spread it out evenly. Set it aside at room temperature and wait until it is set. This process might requires several hours, so it is best to cover it and let it sit at room temperature overnight. Tip: If you have a mold for fudge great. Unfortunately, I do not. Just line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, grease it, and you are set to go. You can make divider like I did by folding your aluminum foil sheet until strip. Try to choose a baking pan that is deep so you can make a thicker fudge.
- After it is set overnight, use a pizza cutter to cut them up into tiny cubes. Pizza cutter will help make even pieces with straight edge. Separate them out with a sharp knife. Once your pizza cutter is covered in chocolate, wipe it down with a wet paper towel before continue cutting.
- To make the I Can't Believed It's Not Reese's Peanut Buttercup, repeat steps 2-6 and make extra Espresso fudge for the bottom layer. Once that is done, repeat steps 2-6 with mini peanut buttercup (omit the espresso powder and chocolate chips). Pour over the espresso fudge bottom layer. Next follow Step 7.
- To make the Peppermint Bark, repeat steps 2-6 and make extra Espresso fudge for the bottom layer. Once that is done, repeat steps 2-6 with white chocolate chips instead of the dark chocolate chips (omit the espresso powder). Add in the crushed candy canes and mix. Pour over the espresso fudge bottom layer. Next follow Step 7.
- To make the Just Like Caramel, repeat steps 2-7 with butterscotch chips (omit the espresso powder and chocolate chips). If you like, feel free to make an espresso fudge bottom layer.
- For gift ideas, place a parchment paper down inside a box that has a window. To make it super festive, use decorative parchment paper. Place your fudge squares into the box. Lay them out any way you like, be creative. Cut out a cute label of any shape and add your initial or signature to make it super special and cute. I used a window cupcake box size 6.25" X 6.25" X 3". You can brought it on Amazon.com for super cheap.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique