If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an addictively delicious alternative to egg salad that can easily be made vegan by replacing the mayo with vegan mayo. It's super simple to make, and I guarantee no one will realise the eggs are missing. Enjoy it in a sandwich or simply on some crackers. —Gigi
Makes about 3 cups
milliliters can white cannellini beans
cup celery, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 stalks)
cup red onion, finely chopped
grams extra firm tofu (half of one block)
salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the cooked beans under water, then place them in a medium sized bowl
- Add the mayo to the beans and mash them together with a fork. You’re looking for a soft puree without any big pieces
- Add the celery and the red onions to the bean mix
- Dry the excess water on the tofu with a paper towel, then cut into small pieces, about ¼ square inch
- Add the small tofu cubes to the mix, then thoroughly combine all the ingredients
- Season with salt and pepper. Be sure to add enough salt to bring out all the flavors
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique