If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A super quick, low sugar & fat, versatile muffins recipe. —Kimberley Bennett
Makes 12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins
For the muffin base
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- pinches salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 300 milliliters buttermilk
- 125 grams coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
To flavour the muffins
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk or white choc chips
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place all the ingredients for the muffin base into the bowl of a stand mixer. Slowly mix to combine.
- Add your chosen muffin flavourings. Some are suggested above, or get creative with your own. Continue to stir in your mixer on a medium speed until the ingredients are well combined, but not too smooth - don't worry about lumps.
- Evenly distribute the mix into a greased/lined 12 hole muffin tray or 24 hole mini muffin tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes for large muffins, or 15-17 minutes for mini muffins - either way, a cake tester should come out clean for the muffins to be done.
- Cool in the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins